President Ramnath Kovind will no longer be the President of India very soon as his tenure is coming to an end. By the end of July 2022, India will get a New President but who he/she would be? BJP leader Arif Mohammad Khan could be the next.
Learnt from a credible source that Janab Arif Mohammad Khan, present Governor of Kerala, is a strong contender for president of India. It's believable in view of steps .@narendramodi Ji is taking to counter anti-India narrative, getting built across the world because of fringies.
— Adv. Somnath Bharti: इंसानियत से बड़ा कुछ नहीं! (@attorneybharti) June 9, 2022
AAP MLA Somnath Bharti considers him as a strong contender for the post. Why and who is Arif Mohammad Khan? Know everything here
Who is Arif Mohammad Khan?
Arif is the 22nd Governor of Kerala and currently in the headlines. He recently laid his views over Prophet Mohammed remarks by BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma. Arif said, Qatar’s demand for apology is not important and India can not bother about such small reactions. He further said that we should pay attention to our Prime Minister.
Apart from this reason, Arif’s name is getting limelight due to upcoming president election 2022. But he is not alone and others are equally considered for the post. They are Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, Chattisgarh Governor Anusui Uike, Governor of Karantaka Tavarchand Gellot and Draupadi Murmu who is a former Governor of Jharkhand.
Arif is particularly being the talk of the town because of his liberal stance and being a member of Muslim community. Both in the past and present, he has given his strong opinions about the government’s action on muslims.
In 1986, he resigned as a part of protest against congress government on Shah Bano Case. Arif also opposed the triple talaq and called it a punishable act.
Political Career of Arif Mohammad Khan
- Arif began in politics during his college times and later was chosen as the President of Aligarh Muslim University Student’s Union.
- He joined legislative assembly at 26
- Arif became a part of Lok Sabha after joining INC in 1980
- Six years later he resigned from the post of minister due to differences in opinion with Rajiv Gandhi
- In 1989, Arif joined hands with Janata Dal and became union minister of civil aviation and energy’
- Arif Mohammad Khan came in BJP in 2004 but could only make his name when Modi elected as PM.
Beside politics, Arif is well known for his author work. Text and Context: Quran and contemporary Challenges is best work of Arif. He also runs an organization named Samarpan for the benefit of physically challenged people.