The most flexible, tall, elegant, and one of the most highly-rated batsmen on the Indian cricket team, KL Rahul turns 30 today. He is known for his aggressive batting style and occasional wicket-keeping skills that helped him make a name among cricket giants. From a regular batter to being one of the highest-paid cricketers in IPL, he has come so far. Let’s take a look back to the career-high records of KL Rahul on his birthday.
Records Made by KL Rahul
1. First to Hit 100s in International Debut
KL Rahul made his ODI debut in 2016 against Zimbabwe where he showed his impressive batting skills and hit 115 runs. No other cricketers have crossed 100 on their ODI debut match other than Rahul. He also got the title of ‘Man of the Series’.
2. Fastest to Score Centuries
KL Rahul broke the record of Pakistani cricketer Ahmed Shehzad for scoring the fastest centuries in all formats. It happened in 2016 during West Indies Tour.
3. Smashing Century in Test Debut
KL Rahul made records non-stop during the West Indies tour. He hit 100s in his debut Test and became the first opener to do so. He also has a record of making the fastest century in the T20I series.
Also Read: Who is Ayush Badoni: Delhi Boy Who Smashed Fifty in His IPL Debut
4. 3rd Highest Scorer in World Cup
He joined the league of Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli in scoring the highest run in the World Cup. His score was 361 runs.
5. Fastest Fifty
KL Rahul has a record of making the fastest fifty in only 18 balls during the T20I World Cup. He also became the highest run-scorer in the tournament, overall his ranking is 11th.
6. Highest Scorer in IPL
One of the recent records KL Rahul made was in previous IPL matches, where he finished as the highest scorer from his team and in the whole season. His score was 626. He was also the highest run-scorer in IPL 2019 after David Warner and the winner of the Orange Cap in IPL 2020.
Also Read: Top 10 Rohit Sharma Records in International Cricket
Unknown Facts About KL Rahul
- His full name is Kananur Lokesh Rahul
- He started playing cricket at the age of 10 and even quit studies for cricket
- He endorses big brands like Boat, Bharat Pe, Beardo, Puma, Realme, Tata Nexon, and Red Bull
- KL Rahul is one of the most expensive players in India and his net worth is 43 Crores
- The Indian Skipper is fond of tattoos and has 7 tattoos on his body
- The only player to score a century on the 100th game in IPL
- He has surpassed Virat Kohli in the bilateral T20 series for making the most runs.
Also Read: “Drunk Player Hanged Me From Balcony” Yuzi Chahal Revealed A Bullying Event
KL Rahul is an A Grade player and also the captain of Lucknow Super Giants. Besides cricket, he is in the limelight of Bollywood as well for dating Sunil Shetty’s daughter Athiya Shetty.