According to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, it is compulsory to have a valid driving license. Only having it is not enough, you have to renew your license online once it is expired. It is valid for 20 years or until the holder becomes 50 years old. When it expires you only have one year to renew it.
Online license renewal is the very best option rather than going to the RTO office. It saves your time as well as your efforts. You can simply apply for a new one on “Parivahan Sewa Portal”. If you don’t know about the procedure, we have mentioned it below step by step.
Steps To Renew Driving License Online
1. Open any web browser and go to the RTO website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
2. Go to the “Online Services” tab and select “Driving License Related Services”.
3. On the next page select your state and RTO office from where you want to renew your driving license.
4. From the left menu, you see “Apply online” click on it and select “Services on Driving License” from the dropdown menu.
5. Read the instruction for the application submission carefully and tap on “Continue”.
6. Fill in all required information like Driving License Number, DOB, Category of Driving License Holder, Apply to State, and RTO Boxes, and then click on “Proceed”.
7. Check all the information you filled in is correct on the next page, then click on “Continue”.
8. Next, you will get to the page “Required Services” which will only show you the services option applicable for driver’s license renewal. You have to select the “Renew” option.
9. Fill the form (all relevant personal or vehicle-related details) displayed on your screen.
10. You may also be asked to upload a photo and signature (This step is only applicable in a few states)
11. Make a payment of Rs 200 via net banking/debit or credit card and verify your payment status.
12. Then you will be redirected to the acknowledgment page where you will be able to see your application ID. You will also receive an SMS on your registered mobile number.
13. Check the details on acknowledgment and then print it.
14. Go to the RTO office on the given date and submit the printed acknowledgment.
Also Read: How To Register Your Business As Startup: Get The Complete Guide Here
Your Driving License undergoes verification, when it is completed, your new driving license will be delivered by post within a period of 15 days.