Premature greying of hair is common now a days. Many people are getting embarrassed by it. Even people in their early and mid- twenties start evolving grey hair. Untimely greying of hair is caused by wrong diet. If you involve junk food, aerated drinks and high amount of sugar, greying of hair will happen.
It is also caused by stress, improper lifestyle, imbalancing of hormones and deficiency of vitamins, minerals and melanin. Melanin is responsible for the production of hair colour. It is made with appropriate nutrition and protein levels. But if you follow these essential home remedies, it will be quite helpful in preventing early whitening of hair.
Combination of Coconut Oil and Amla
- Boil 3-4 amlas or amla powder with one cup of coconut oil and prepare an oil solution.
- Then cool it for 24 hours and store it in a jar.
- Then massage this oil into your scalp for 15-20 minutes.
- And let this oil to absorb in your hair overnight. Next day wash it with a good shampoo
- Do it 2-4 times a week
Amla is the main source of vitamin C which is an excellent antioxidant. It has anti-aging benefits too. Hence it reinvigorate the pigment in your hair follicles.And Coconut oil helps in reducing protein loss.
Blend of Onion Juice, Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
- Take the mixture of 2-3 tsp of onion juice,1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of olive oil
- Massage it deep into your scalp and hair
- Wash off the hair after 30-45 minutes
- Do it 2 times a week.
Onion also prevents hair fall as it contains enzyme catalase which aids in darkening of hair and reduces hair fall.
- Boil 2 tbsp of black tea with a cup of water
- Cool it and apply smoothly in your hair after washing your hair
- You can also use it before washing the hair by soaking black tea leaves in warm water. Then grind it in a smooth paste
- Mix it with some lemon juice and apply it in your hair
- Wait for about an hour and wash your hair
Black tea is loaded with antioxidants. It prevents graying and also it is a natural conditioner for your hair. It gives nice texture to your hair. Black tea darkens the hair and intensifies hair growth.
Melange of Curry Leaves and oil
- Boil a handful of curry leaves with 3 tbsps of coconut oil
- Set aside to cool
- After cooling massage it into your scalp
- After massaging wait for 30-45 minutes and wash your hair with good and mild shampoo, you can also apply the solution and leave it overnight.
- Do it 2-3 times a week
Curry Leaves are a good source of vitamin B. It helps to reinforce the natural tone of hair.
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
- Immerse two tbsps. of methi dana in 1/4th cup of water
- Leave it overnight
- Then in the morning grind these fenugreek seeds with enough water and make a smooth paste
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp and leave it for about 45-60 minutes
- Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo
- 1-2 times a week
Fenugreek seeds has lots of nutrients, saponins and rich in vitamin B. Hence it not only prevents whitening of hair but also aids in hair growth.
Mixture of Henna and Coffee
- Add 1 tbsp of coffee powder to boiling water
- Add five tbsps. Of henna powder, stir it to avoid lumps
- Cool it and leave it for few hours
- Mix 1 tbsp of any good oil apply it gradually on your hair
- Wait for 2-3 hours and wash your hair
- Do this once in every 3 weeks
Henna is used to cover the grey areas by adding reddish tinge to your hair. Coffee is another natural colourant which imparts reddish brown colour to the hair.
Include more antioxidants and vitamins in your diet
Grey hair basically results from deficiencies of vitamins, nutrition and antioxidants. So, it is required that you should involve more of antioxidant and vitamin rich foods. Incorporate more fresh fruits, vegetables, green tea and olive oil. All these have high antioxidants.
A diet rich in vitamin B 12, iron , vitamin D and omega 3 is a must. Eat salads, milk, seafood, eggs and avoid habits such as smoking, it’s a main cause for hair greying. Taking less stress and eating healthy will heal half off your problems.