Summers are the best time to rejuvenate the spirit with Mangoes available in abundance throughout the season. From breakfast to dinner, mangoes are a part of the meals in the Indian culture in various forms. Here are some super delicious and easy recipes to try and relish this season and fill your plates with the golden color.
1. Authentic Mango Salsa:-
Be it dance or cuisine, Salsa tops the list always. Mango Salsa is a Mexican delight loved by foodies across the globe. Being nutritious and brimming with health benefits, the sweet, salty and tangy flavour of mangoes with other ingredients is a lip- smacking combination. This recipe is undoubtedly irresistible and super time savy to make with authentic taste intact straight from the Mexican kitchens.
• Fresh Mangoes:- 3 (finely diced)
• Red Bell Peppers:- 1 medium size(finely chopped)
• Red Onion:- ½ cup (finely chopped)
• Fresh Coriander/ Cilantro leaves:- ¼ cup ( finely chopped)
• Jalapeno:- 1 (finely minced) or 2-3 chillies (finely chopped)
• Fresh Lime juice:- ¼ cup
• Salt to taste
• In a bowl, add diced mangoes, chopped bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro leaves. Drizzle fresh lime juice, stir all the ingredients nicely and leave it to rest and for the flavours to mix well.
• Once done, sprinkle salt as per taste, stir it again and leave it to set for few minutes.
VIOLA! Your Mexican delight is all ready to serve with torito, chips or as a salad.
2. Mango Raita:-
Are you bored of the same curd raita everyday in lunch? Worry not, because we have got a savouring option to satisfy your appetite. This recipe is extremely delicious and worth trying.
• Fresh Mangoes- 2 (finely diced)
• Curd- 2 cups
• Mustard seeds:- 1 tablespoon
• Fenugreek seeds:- 1 tablespoon
• Ghee/ oil:- 1 tablespoon
• Dried Red Chillies:- 2
• Coriander leaves:- Chopped
• Sugar:- 1 tablespoon
• In a bowl, put 2 cups of curd and add sugar to it. Whisk it well to get a creamy and smooth texture. Once done, add the diced mangoes and stir it.
• In a frying pan, heat oil/ ghee and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and dried chillies and fry it till the seeds crackle and chillies change color.
• Pour this spicy tadka on the mango- curd mix prepared before and stir it well.
• Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot lunch.
Tada! Try this out and undoubtedly you will love its taste.
3. Oats Mango Smoothie:-
A rejuvenating way to start the day with fresh and nutritious drink topped with the flavour of juicy mangoes.
• Fresh Mangoes:- 2 Finely diced
• Rolled Oats- 1/3 cup ( soaked overnight)
• Chia seeds- 1 tablespoon
• In a blender, add soaked oats and diced mango cubes. Blend it till you get a smooth pulp.
• Pour the pulp in a glass, garnish it with chia seeds and serve. This smoothie is an excellent option for breakfast if you are on a weightloss journey.
These quick mango recipes are healthy and satisfactory to feed your mango cravings.