A key pillar of Tata Motors’ present-day passenger vehicle line-up, the Tata Nexon – which is still in its first generation – has crossed the 5 lakh units production mark within 6 years of its launch.
- Tata Motors rolls out the 500,000th unit of the NEXON compact SUV from its Ranjangaon plant.
- Production of the Nexon had crossed the 400,000 units mark less than 7 months ago.
- Nexon remains the only sub-Rs 20 lakh SUV available in petrol, diesel and BEV forms.
Tata Nexon Achieved The Milestone In Just 5 Years !
One of Goodbye Engines’ most significant items has crossed a significant milestone. The production of the Tata Nexon has exceeded 5 lakh units. Since its introduction in 2017, the Tata Nexon, which is still in its first generation, has sold less than 5 lakh units. In less than seven months, the Nexon has shipped the final 100,000 units, surpassing the 4 lakh mark in production in September 2022. It has produced all the more the last 3 lakh units of the famous smaller SUV in under two years.
Nexon Overall Journey
Launched in September 2017, the Goodbye Nexon had a generally sluggish start, as it required almost two years to arrive at the 1 lakh units creation achievement, and just shy of four years to arrive at the 2 lakh units mark. However, when the Nexon became the first vehicle to receive a full five-star rating in the Global NCAP crash tests, its image was greatly improved.
The Nexon also gained ground because the majority of automakers, including Maruti Suzuki, which had long dominated the compact SUV market with its diesel-powered Vitara Brezza, abandoned diesel engines at the beginning of the BS6 emission standards, did the same.
Tata’s Engine Makes It One Of The Finest Car
Just prior to the introduction of BS6 emission standards, Tata Motors introduced a heavily redesigned Nexon equipped with more features. It was one of the few compact SUVs still available with a diesel engine. Tata even introduced the Tata Nexon EV, a model that has since become the de facto leader in the EV market with no real competition for some time.
This created a sufficient force to transform the Nexon into India’s most elevated-selling SUV, and to impel it quite a ways beyond the 5 lakh units creation achievement..
Major Points Of Tata Nexon :
- The Nexon is the only SUV available in the sub-Rs. 20 lakh price range in petrol, diesel, and BEV versions; the Mercedes-Benz GLB is the only other SUV available in India with such a variety of power trains.
- Tata Motors has kept the Nexon fresh by introducing several new variants and special editions, like the Jet, zeroing, and Dark editions, that differentiate the Nexon visually and add features to help it stay competitive in the market.
Price Range Of Tata Nexon
Prices for the Tata Nexon range from Rs 7.80 lakh to Rs 14.35 lakh, while the Nexon EV’s prices range from Rs 14.49 lakh to Rs 17.19 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom). The Nexon is expected to get update later this year, which could bring key new features, fresh styling and a new, 1.2-liter direct-injection turbo-petrol engine.