Everyone wants to satiate hunger pangs in the middle of work or after a tedious day or during a study- break or in the middle of the night with easy and quick snack options without compromising on the health factor. Be it any hour of the day, these quick and easy to make recipes are all what you need to know about:-
- Roasted Makhanas (Faux Nuts):-
Makhanas are a rich source of calcium, iron, zinc and other nutrients. This recipe is a must try when the desire to eat a light and healthy snack comes up. With a preparation time of 10 minutes, you should try it once and bet it you will love its taste.
- Makhana:- 2 bowls
- Turmeric powder:- ¼ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder:- ½ teaspoon
- Chaat masala:- 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil/ Ghee:- 3 teaspoons
- Rock salt:- as per taste
- Heat cooking oil in a pan for 2-3 seconds.
- Add the makhanas and roast it for 10 minutes to get the crunchy texture.
- Add all the spices except chaat masala and stir it well.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle chaat masala at the end. Tada ! Your bowl of health is ready.
- Homemade Granola bar:-
Granola bars are a handy snack option to satiate the hunger pangs or cravings at any hour of the day without compromising on health.
- Butter:- 6 tablespoons(melted)
- Rolled oats:- 3 cups
- Honey:- 1/3 cup
- Brown Sugar:- 2 tablespoons
- Almonds, Cashew nuts, Pistachios, Raisins:- ½ cup each
- Sea salt:- ¼ teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Shredded coconut- ½ cup
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius .
- In a pan, add butter, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon and heat it one a low flame combining the mixture well. Wait till the mixture turns into a syrup.
- Add oats, dryfruits, salt and coconut and stir it well with a stapula to coat it in the syrup completely.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and press it ell with the stapula.
- Bake it for 30 minutes and let it cool on the room temperature.
- Cut it into small pieces and enjoy.
- Rainbow Bowl:-
Fruit bowl recipe is a savior when running short of time or pondering upon what to eat to satisfy the untimely hunger.
- Fruits ( Apple. Strawberries, Banana, Grapes, Pineapple, Kiwi)- 1 cup each ( chopped)
- Honey- 1 tablespoon
- Lime juice:- ½ teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl add all the chopped fruits.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and honey nicely.
- Pour it in the fruit mix and keep it for few minutes to enhance the taste. Viola! Your easy to go rainbow bowl is ready to serve.
- Peanut Chaat :-
Peanuts are a good source of carbohydrates and helps keeping full for a long time. It is a must have recipe in your snacks list in the times of binge eating.
- Peanuts- 1 cup (boiled)
- Tomato:- ½ medium size( chopped)
- Onion:- ½ medium size( chopped)
- Boiled potato:- 1/ medium size( chopped)
- Sweet corns:- ½ cup (boiled)
- Pomegranate:- ½ cup
- Coriander leaves:- as per preference (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder, salt, chaat masala:- 1 teaspoon each
- Lemon juice:- 1 teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl add peanuts, tomato, onion, sweet corns and pomegranate. Mix it nicely.
- Add the spices and lime juice and mix it again. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy!
These recipes will let you remain healthy and help you concentrate on your work effectively. So, next time you are confused about what to eat, try one of these out!