Yoga is not just a health therapy but it does a lot more to benefit your body. Yoga is effective in stress releasing and losing weight. But ever thought of how it can bring a change your married life? Yoga can boost your health but couple yoga does wonder if you incorporate it in your daily routine. A relationship is all about understanding, patience and calmness.
Yoga helps in imbibing these qualities with a pinch of intimacy to it. Here are some incredibly simple but effective yoga poses that can help you make your married life even happier.
Boat Pose (Navasana)
Via: Parade Sit with your partner facing each other, lift your legs up trying to get your knee touch chest. Join your partner’s feet with your and press the sole of your feet across each other. Join your hands while doing this and try to maintain eye contact to improve your intimacy. Benefits:
- Helps in improving your communication with your partner as you try to maintain eye contact.
- Helps fight hypertension and stress
Via: Glamour This is a very simple yoga pose yet very effective one. Sit with your backs joined and concentrate on your breathing patterns. Benefits:
- This helps in building up a connection and trust with your partner
- Fights problems such as insomnia and high blood pressure.
Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
Via: Couple yoga Sit back to back with your partner with soles of your feet together. Inhale and lengthen your spine then exhale and lie on your partner’s back. The other partner helps in keeping your backrest on their back. Benefits:
- Helps in relaxing your collar bone and neck muscles. Also, soothes any back-related problems.
- Makes you comfortable and close with your partner.
Assisted Backend Pose (Anuvittasana)
Via: Pinterest You have to stand back to back, unlock your elbows. One partner has to bend their knees keeping their core strong and bend forward. The other one has to lie on the partner’s back and lift themselves from the ground. Benefits:
- Helps you in making more flexible from your back, neck and abdomen region.
- Helps in improving digestion. Fights with problems related to the lungs and heart. Also improves the respiratory system.
Wide-Legged Forward Bend (Upavistha Konasana)
Via: Physique 57 Sit down facing each other and stretch your legs. Now hold your partner’s hand and try to make them forward pressing their abdominal region. Follow the same step for the other partner as well. Benefits:
- Fights with mild depression
- Helps in treating frequent headaches.