Every year, laughter day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May across the globe. In 2020, it will be celebrated on 3 May to spread happiness and positivity. Laughter day is celebrated with the aim of spreading awareness about laughter and its amazing benefits. So let’s know more about world laughter day and laughter yoga.
We all have heard that ‘ Laughter is the best medicine’ and it is true! Laughing activity has plenty of benefits such as raising the oxygen intake, reducing blood pressure, lifting mood, improving concentration, and so on. Moreover, the practice of this funny activity helps you live a healthy life.
When it comes to laughter yoga, the activity has the same psychological and physiological advantages that we get from continuously laughing. But laughter yoga is more effective than spontaneous laughing as chanting Ho Ho Ho involved in it. Moreover, in this yoga, various different laughter exercises include greeting laughter, hearty laughter, silent laughter, open-mouthed laughter, and humming laughter.
Below Are Some Pros Of The Laughter Yoga:
- According to the studies of Belgian researchers, therapeutic humor practices and laughing can prevent cardiovascular diseases. Apart from that, laughing reduces pressure on the heart and improves blood flow.
- Yoga reduces stress that is good for our immune system. You will see the results within few days of laughter yoga like good immune system, good health, and so on.
- Laughter is considered to be the best exercise for asthma and bronchitis patients. It not only makes lungs strong but also increases the level of oxygen in your body.
- Laughter yoga is very beneficial for those suffering from depression and hypertension. Good laughter helps to reduce the level of stress hormones like cortisol and epinephrine.
- Laughter practice helps you boost your mood within minutes by releasing the happy hormones or endorphins. Thus, practicing laughter yoga every day can help you relax and remain tension-free throughout the day.
6 Laughter Yoga Practice To Try:
- Greeting laughter
- Lion laughter
- Humming Laughter
- Gradient laughter
- Heart-to-heart laughter
- Silent laughter
Easy Ways To Practice Laughter Yoga:
- Warming up your hand via clapping.
- Chanting Ho-Ho-Ho, Ha-Ha-Ha while starting a yoga session.
- Take a deep breath in the mid of the yoga.
To conclude, as we know, happy people live longer, and laughter yoga is the way to be happy. So, this laughter world day, do yoga at home amid lockdown and get good vibes and healthy life!