Your skin and hair define your age, it doesn’t seem so in the case of Madhuri Dixit. Her lustrous hair doesn’t even give us a hint of how old the actress is. Well, the Dhak-Dhak girl is in her 50s and it’s unbelievable that her hair is as bouncy, long, and healthy as they were in her 20s. What’s the secret? Madhuri has spilled the beans and shared all haircare tips that she follows.
Check it out below.
Madhuri Dixit Spilled The Beans, Shared Secret Haircare Tips She Swears By
The first part is very important to maintain the natural look and good hair health so note down and follow all the haircare tips.
Part 1- Dos And Don’ts
1. Keep your hair hydrated that because one-fourth of hair strands are made up of water. Besides hydrating, water also provides essential nutrients to your scalp thus preventing itchiness and roughness.
2. Give a proper massage with natural hair oils like coconut or jojoba to your hair.
3. Get your hair trim on a weekly or monthly basis. Trimming removes split ends and gives extra space for new hair to grow.
4. Say No to heating tools. Use of hairdryer and curler soak up the moisture leaving them dry and brittle.
5. Always use microfiber hair wrap as it soaks the extra water from wet hair. On the other hand, rubbing hair harshly with a towel makes them prone to breakage.
6. Never wash with cold or hot water, use lukewarm water instead. This helps in cleansing of hair, better oil absorption, allows paraben-free shampoo and conditioner to penetrate deeper.
7. Be gentle on your wet hair as brushing with a comb with small teeth can make them weak and prone to breakage. Madhuri says using wide comb teeth is best if you want to comb wet hair.
8. Weather is the biggest reason behind hair fall as all dirt and grime from the atmosphere make them frizzy and dry. So always cover your head whenever you go out.
Read further to know hair care tips no. 9 and 10.
Part 2- Hair Care recipes
Apart from the above 8 hair care tips, Madhuri ensures that her hair gets proper nourishment. For this, she swears by these 2 natural remedies for hair that suit her the most.
Coconut Hair Oil Is Madhuri’s Secret For Strong Hair
Get half cup of coconut oil, a tablespoon of methi seeds, one chopped onion, and a handful of curry leaves. Cook all the ingredients in a pan for 1-2 minutes and strain the oil. Use it regularly on your scalp once a week.
Also Read: Is Coconut Oil Good For Your Skin And Hair?
Homemade Hair Mask
Madhuri Dixit uses a simple hair mask that gets ready with all easy-to-get ingredients. Take one ripe banana, 2 tbsp of yogurt, and 1 tbsp of honey. Mix all three and apply to the scalp. Cover for half an hour and wash with lukewarm water.
Do not use conditioner after using a banana-yogurt hair mask.
[Note: Consult a dermatologist before you try any of the above natural remedies]
• Coconut oil and yogurt prevent split ends
• Onion helps in preventing hair loss
• Honey add shines to the hair
• Meethi or fenugreek seeds helps in hair growth and their anti-inflammatory properties prevent itching on the scalp
• Banana adds strength to the hair strands
The above two remedies work best on dry hair. Now, you also know the secret behind her beautiful hair, follow these simple hair care tips and tell us did it work for you?