South superstar Puneeth Rajkumar bid adieu to the world a few hours ago at the age of 46. His sudden demise shocked not only the fans and Kannada film industry but also B-town and sports industry. He gained a massive fan following from all corners of India within 32 years of his long career. Let’s have a look at some unknown facts about Puneeth Rajkumar aka Appu.
Unknown Facts From The Life Of Puneeth Rajkumar
- Lohit is the real name of Puneeth. He was born to Parvathamma Rajkumar and Rajkumar in Chennai. He was the youngest of 5 children in the family
2. Puneeth made its debut with the thriller film Premada Kanike in 1976 at the age of 6. He did several films and appeared in hit movies like Hosa Belaku and Chalisuva Modagalu.
3. In the year 1983, he received the Best child actor by Karnataka State Film Award. Two years later, he was awarded National Film Awards for his role in Bettada Hoovu.
4. His first film in a leading role Appu was the biggest hit that earned him the nickname Appu. Tamil and Telugu film industry recreated his magic with movies- Idiot and Dum.
5. Puneeth Rajkumar’s career slipped down during 2008-2011 but he came back stronger with Prithvi, a political thriller.
6. One of the biggest hits of his life is Raajakumara. It earned the highest-grossing box office collection and broke all records of the film industry.
7. Puneeth Rajkumar was also one of the best singers and dancers. He sang in his debut movie Appu.
8. He won 5 Filmfare Awards South in the Best Actor category, 5 South Indian International Movie Awards, 4 Karnataka State Film Awards, and a National Film Awards.
On Friday afternoon, Puneeth Rajkumar was admitted to the hospital where he died due to cardiac arrest. His fan following is so huge that Karnataka Government announced a state-wide high alert and closed all theatres in the state.
Popular celebrities and personalities from different genres of the industry have poured condolences on the death of Puneeth Rajkumar.