If there’s one thing after pimples that not only girls but also boys hate then it’s Blackheads. Those tiny dirt-filled spots are technically a form of acne. However, neither do they grow in size nor do they hurt like pimples but they are annoying. So, how to remove the blackheads permanently?
TBH, none of the skin issues can be removed forever unless you take good care of your skin. What you apply on your face, how well hydrated you keep it, and what’s your skin type determines the frequency of blackheads.
Nonetheless, you can try some natural as well as cosmetic ways to get rid of those stubborn black dots.
How To Remove Blackheads: The Experts Way
The skin has an end number of pores that let your skin breathe but too much exposure to the sun and atmosphere can block these pores. Moreover, the sebum (natural skin oil) traps the dirt inside the pore and harbors bacteria. This happens when your skin is too oily.
As a result, bacteria, dead skin cells, and sebum form small bumps that cover the pores. Unlike whiteheads, blackheads are open and this single acne lesion keeps getting oxidized in the air.
But the best part is removing blackheads is easier than removing whiteheads. Experts suggest these 10 best ways to remove blackheads, check them out below:
1. Use Salicylic Acid- Get a cleanser that includes salicylic acid as one of the main ingredients. This acid treats dead skin cells and reduces excessive sebum production
2. Exfoliate- The second best and easy way to get rid of blackheads is the exfoliation process. However, use those with alpha and beta hydroxy acids.
3. Skin Brush– Some even use a brush to exfoliate areas like the nose where blackheads are more common. Experts say using a specific skin brush is more effective for the process as they are gentle on the skin.
4. Retinoids- They are extremely beneficial to unblock the clogged pores and allow other skincare products to go deeper into the skin. However, avoid using retinoids based products if your skin is dry or extra sensitive.
5. Mask- Facial masks are good not only for removing blackheads but also for the entire face. Clay masks are best among all as they scrape out all the toxins and oils from the skin. Experts say using a clay mask twice a week is highly effective.
Charcoal masks, chemical peel, and including non-comedogenic products in your skincare routine also help. But if you are not sure about these ways then you can also go with some homemade masks.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Blackheads At Home
1. Baking Soda– Take a tablespoon of baking soda and make a thick paste by mixing water with it. Use this paste as an exfoliator and scrubs for few minutes. Try this two times a week for clear skin
2. Steam- The best way to clean the skin from the inside out is steaming. All the dirt and toxins will flush out once and the result will be clean and clear skin.
3. Egg mask- It’s the best alternative to pore strips and since eggs are rich in vitamins and minerals, they are healthy as well. All you have to do is to beat an egg white till it turns frothy. Apply on the affected area, cover with a paper towel and brush a second layer. Peel it after the strip turns dry and wash your face.
4. Tomato- Rub a half-cut tomato on your nose or wherever you have blackheads, wash it off after a few minutes.
5. Lemon and Honey– Make a mask using these two ingredients and add a pinch of salt. Gently scrub the skin and wash it after 5 minutes with warm water. Recommended three times a week.
You can either try these natural remedies to remove blackheads or go the experts’ way, both work for blackheads.
[Note: Do not scratch, prick or pop as they can worsen the blackheads]
If you still see those annoying black dots on your face, you need a dermatologist’s help. They are the best when it comes to professional blackheads removal techniques.