On this World No Tobacco Day let’s take an oath to quit the hazardous habit of smoking. The urge to smoke can be uncontrollable and even if you think of quitting it the withdrawal symptoms might be very strong.
Don’t Let Tobacco Take Your Breath Away – Say No to Nicotine
The addiction to smoking is due to the substance called Nicotine. You can either satisfy the urge by eating gums, Sprays, inhalers etc which temporarily fulfil the desire to smoke.
Smoking does no good for your body so it’s better to quit early than to be sorry later. Here are some effective ways which will help you quit cigarettes.
Identify Your Smoking Triggers and manage them:
Alcohol: After the drink ends you might feel an irresistible urge to smoke a cigarette. But this the time you need to control yourself. Start munching some nuts instead.
After Meals: Some people end their meal with a cigarette. After you are done eating, eat dessert or try chewing some gum instead to avoid smoking.
Smoking Pals: Avoid being in the company of people who smoke a lot. If you be with them you will likely end up smoking with them as your urge is still very strong.
- Increased Coughing
- Cigarette cravings
- Irritation and frustration
- Difficulty in concentrating
Manage Cigarette Cravings:
- Distract Yourself by watching a TV show, talking to a friend, take a long walk.
- Remember why you decided to quit and stick to it.
- Reward yourself when you overcome your urge, this will help you stay motivated.
- Help others to quit and spread awareness about the negative effects of smoking.
Gift yourself a healthy body by quitting tobacco and tobacco-based products.