Tripura saw a sudden change in the state government today when its Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb quit the post during a meeting with BJP. Jishnu Dev Varma and Dr. Manik Saha were then the two names left for the post and the decision fell in the favor of the latter. Dr. Manik Saha is the new CM of Tripura.
He will now lead the topmost post with a tough responsibility to lead the party and state ahead of state elections in 2023.
Who is Manik Saha- Tripura’s New CM after Biplab Deb Resigned
- Manik is an MP of Rajya Sabha and leads the party in the northeastern state
- Prior joining to the BJP, he was a member of the Congress party but quit in 2016
- Saha was also the president of the party in 2020
- The New CM of Tripura also holds an important position in the Tripura Cricket Association, he is the president of the TCA.
- Manik Saha also belongs the medical professional and is a dentist.
- Besides politics and the medical field, Saha is also related to the education field. He served as a teacher at the Tripura Medical College.
Dr. Manik Saha is now the 11th Chief Minister of Tripura after Biplab Kumar Deb resigned. He congratulated the new CM on twitter saying Saha would lead the vision of PM Modi and bring prosperity to the state.
Congratulations and best wishes to @DrManikSaha2 ji on being elected as the legislature party leader.
— Biplab Kumar Deb (@BjpBiplab) May 14, 2022
Biplab also thanked the party for believing him and said he will work on the grassroots level to strengthen the roots of the BJP in the state. He could do this only by being a party worker. He was elected CM of Tripura in 2018 and served 4 years under the leadership of BJP.