Gudi Padwa is considered the Maharashtrian New Year, and this year, it falls on 25 March. It is the first day of Chaitra month and symbolizes the starting of the Hindu New Year. Maharashtrians celebrated this festival with great pleasure and zeal. They do so many things at this festival, such as decoration, creating colorful rangolis at the door, and so on.
But wait, how can we forget about food? Maharashtrian’s also prepare a variety of delicious and different dishes on the occasion of Gudi Padwa. So, this Gudi Padwa, if you want to give soul to your festival with food, then try these lip-smacking dishes that we mention below.
Here Are The Some Mouthwatering Dishes Which You Can Make On Gudi Padwa:
This is one of the most popular and delicious Maharashtrian dishes. We can say it is a Maharashtrian sweet pancake that is made from cardamom, yellow grain, grated coconut, and Jaggery. This dish is easy to prepare and rich in the planet of nutrients. So, let’s look at the recipe of this mouthwatering dish right below:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 powdered green cardamom
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup chana dal
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- Refined oil as required
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
How To Prepare:
- Pressure cook chana dal and prepare the dough
- Add some sugar in the dal and cook over the low flame
- If dal goes dry, then grind it with a little milk and knead the dough again and again
- Use rice flour to roll the dough
- Make a chapatti, fill dal mixture in it, and seal with another.
- Use ghee for cooking the Puran Poli
Do you love to eat yogurt? If yes, then you will surely love this amazing and chilled dish as well. On the occasion of Gudi Padwa, Shrikhand considered an essential dish. It is a sweet dish and basically is eaten with puris.
For making shrikhand all, you need just 3 ingredients. The 3 ingredients are powdered sugar, plain yogurt, and any flavor that you like the most.
If you don’t want to add any flavor, then you can also keep it plain.
How To Make Shrikhand:
Follow these steps to make a delicious shrikhand within minutes.
- Firstly, you need to make the yogurt creamy and thick. For this, you can hang a yogurt in a cotton cloth till it leaves its water.
- This creamy and thick yogurt is known as Chakka. So, once it is ready, add powdered sugar and flavor into it.
- The best thing is you can add a number of flavors in it, such as Kesar, Pista, rose essence, and so on.
This is also a famous Maharashtrian dish and considered as the main dish of Gudi Padwa. Basically, it is made from ingredients such as white rice, some vegetables, and saffron. So, let’s look at the recipe this lip-smacking dish:
- 4 strand saffron
- 1 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cup basmati rice
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 7 cup of water
Steps To Make Kesari Bhaat:
- Take a bowl and soak the rice for 30 minutes
- Keep a pan on medium heat and add put ghee on it for heating. Then, add cashew nuts and raisins and fry them. After that, keep them aside and put the rice on the pan for frying.
- Take a bowl and mixed saffron in warm water
- In the stir-fried rice, add saffron water and 7 cups of regular water. Cook the rice and then add sugar in it.
- For making it more flavorful, add cardamom powder and Kesar to the rice and mix well. Then use cashew nuts, fried raisins, and sugar crystals for garnishing.
To conclude, these are popular and delicious Gudi Padwa dishes. So, try these Gudi Padwa and make your festival more pleasant and delicious! You can also try other dishes such as rice chakli, alu vadi, modak, bhakarwadi, kheer, batata barfi, thalipeeth, kothimbir wadi, Sabudana vada, Puri & Batatyachi Bhaaji, and so on.
So, which one Gudi Padwa dish do you prefer?