When we talk about lemon juice, everyone thinks about its juices, applying it on the face or using it in food to enhance the taste. But, do you know that lemon juice is also helpful in lightening the colour of your hair?
Well, yes, it works as a natural highlighter on your strands. The lemon juice is packed with citric acid, and when it reacts to the sun’s UV rays and oxygen, it lightens hair colour naturally. Isn’t it fantastic? This method may come as a miracle for the brunette and blonde ladies who have done everything to get that sun-kissed hair look under the sun.
So, if you want to naturally highlights your strand then keep reading on!
Here You Know The Steps Of Preparation and Application
Before starting the procedure, you need to know that this easy and natural method works wonder on unwashed hair.
For preparing the mixture all you need as follows:
- Cotton ball
- Sunscreen lotion
- Lukewarm water
- Mixing bowl
- Fresh lemons (5-6 for 1 cup of juice)
- Hairbrush or comb
- Empty spray bottle
How To Prepare The Mixture:
By following these steps, you can easily prepare the mixture within minutes-
Step 1: take each lemon and cut it into two halves and squeeze the juice from them. The quantity of lemon depends on the volume and length of your hair.
Step 2: take a spray bottle and put the juice into it and then add a conditioner in a 2:1 ratio. If you don’t want to use a conditioner, then you can use water. But it will be best if you use a conditioner because water and lemon can leave your hair frizzy and dry. After adding a conditioner or water, shake the bottle properly to mix the ingredients.
Extra tip: You can also use natural enhancers like nourishing oils, cinnamon powder, chamomile tea, orange juice, cassia extract, and healthy oils to lighten your locks.
Step 3:The ultraviolet rays of the sun are the key to activating the brightening process. That’s why it is necessary to use the best sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from the UVB and UVA rays. So, before going out to contact with the sun, apply sunscreen lotion all over your body and face.
How To Apply The Mixture:
- First, divide your hair into sections and select the sections that you wish to highlight. Moreover, spray the pack all over the strands if you desire to get a uniform hair colour. Also, only for highlighting, sprinkle the mixture on those sections that you want to highlight.
- Brush from the scalp to length or use a cotton ball to dampen your strands.
- Then spend at least 2 hours in the sun to activate the hair lightening process.
- After spending the hours in the sunlight, wash your strands with lukewarm water.
- You can also apply a conditioner to provide moisture to your locks.
To conclude, these are the methods to lighten your hair by using lemon juice. So, try this at home and get highlighted locks without getting expensive treatments!