All the eyes are on the Omicron covid variant which is designated as a ‘variant of concern.’ But so far no severe symptoms and deaths have been reported. This does not indicate that we should take it lightly. WHO has already warned that it could bring the third wave in many countries including India. So, knowing beforehand how to protect yourself from omicron is of utmost importance for everyone.
Top health experts Dr. Julie and Dr. Collins from Infectious Diseases Society of America and US National Institutes of Health respectively have proposed a few protection measures. Dr. Francis Collins said it would take weeks to understand the severity of the virus and its impact on immunity. Meanwhile, we should increase the protection level as suggested by Dr. Julie.
Also Read: Complaint Filed Against Vicky, Katrina, and Hotel Manager; Here’s Why
5 Things To Do For Protection Against Omicron Covid Variant
- Take a booster shot or third dose- CDC has already recommended an extra dose of covid vaccine as the effectiveness may reduce in the long run. The additional dose and a booster shot will help the body produce more antibodies so that it can fight the virus.
- Properly cover your mouth and nose with a close-fit mask.
- Avoid Crowds and mass gatherings even if you are fully vaccinated
- Do not step out of the house much often if you are sick and consult a doctor. Get tested for covid-19 if the symptoms include sore throat, fever, cough, tiredness, and loss of smell/taste.
- Sanitize your hands frequently with a sanitizer that contains at least 70% of alcohol and also maintain social distancing
The covid-19 protection remains almost the same for safeguarding against the omicron covid variant. This is for everyone’s safety and does not forget to take the vaccine.