In protest against the Pulwama CRPF convoy attack, Hockey stalwart midfielder Sardar Singh on Wednesday said that games against Pakistan should be banned.
“Based on my experience, especially in 2014, and normally what we see after the matches, their behavior is uncalled for. Continuously we have defeated them. As we stay in the same hotel, we celebrate nicely keeping in mind that they do not feel bad as winning or losing it is a part of the game. But when they win, even if one match, their behavior is unwelcoming,” Singh told ANI.
The 32-year-old further said that India plays sports keeping in mind strong relations with the neighbors. “However, when you see Pakistan, you realize that they do not care as they have no feelings,” he said.
When asked whether Team India should lock horns with Pakistan at the upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, Singh said: “It is something that the BCCI and leaders of the country should decide”.
Singh, who retired from the international hockey last year after giving 12 long years, added: “Pakistan has openly refused their involvement in the attack, but we have been watching how they executed their plan in causing harm to our country.”
As many as 40 CRPF personnel were killed in a terror attack on their convoy in Pulwama on February 14. Soon after the attack, Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed the responsibility for the attack and said that it was carried out by its suicide bomber.