On Monday, Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister of Delhi, announced that the Delhi government would distribute ration to those poor and needy who do not have BPL cards. This announcement is a big relief for those who have no food to satisfy their hunger during the lockdown. The procedure will be started within a few days.
Moreover, Kejriwal, ordered to charge an FIR against ration shops who try to sell the distribution items for money. He said that
“I want to appeal to all the ration shop owners, please do not engage in unlawful activities. Otherwise, you will have to bear the consequences. It will ensure that strict action is taken against you as well as the buyer”.
Kejriwal also said at a press conference that many people had gathered on Friday and Saturday in Kaushambi because of rumors. Someone has spread rumors that buses had been arranged to drop people into their home town. Also, he stated that
“The situation had turned alarming, but it has been brought under control since yesterday. Security across the city has been tightened, and DCs and DCPs of all the areas have been instructed to ensure that nobody in their respective areas comes out unnecessarily,”
Anil Baijal, LG, instructed officers to take strong action against non-essential movement.