There are many individuals who eat chocolates, chewing-gums, and other kinds of similar stuff in between the work. It is also seen that these people consume a large quantity of food while coming across uncomfortable emotions like stress and anger. If you consider yourself to be a part of this group, then friend you are doing Emotional Eating.
Emotional Eating is the consumption of food done by an individual to escape feelings like anxiety, over-happiness, and stress. When this thing continues for over a long period of time, it transforms into binge eating.
Emotional Eating leads to many undesirable consequences like obesity and excessive deposition of fats. If you have even a slightest of doubt regarding this form of eating, then just look at the below-given signs. It will tell you whether you are an Emotional Eater or not.
Common Signs of Emotional Eating
The first common sign of Emotional Eating is that you are changing eating habits frequently when you face a stressful situation. Moreover, you keep on eating food like chocolate, shakes, and energy bars on a regular basis.
- When you feel bored at work or you are feeling anxious regarding any situation, and you start eating is a sign of Emotional Eating. This is done to suppress the uneasy feelings that are oozing out from your mind.
- Taking excessive intake of food, even after your stomach is full. Many individuals eat continuously in intervals and as a result, increase their weight.
- When you develop a craving for a particular food and you don’t feel good until you eat it, then you are an emotional eater. Many individuals feel restless when they don’t get something to eat.
If you come across the above signs then you should do something to tackle emotional eating. Let’s figure out the ways to tackle this problem.
Also Read: Wood Apple- Here’s Why It Is Good For Health
Tackling Emotional Eating
The best way in which a person can tackle emotional eating is to monitor the way they eat during a day. To reduce emotional eating, you will have to play psychologically. You can direct the craving for a particular food, either by eating healthy or utilizing the time for doing something different.
To tackle emotional eating use the following points:
- Understand the pattern of feelings that are coming to your mind. Also, track the way you eat food and what type of food you eat.
- Make yourself aware of the choice of food you make in stressful situations.
- Before becoming a victim to the craving, it is essential to develop a strong mindset, so that you can resist the feeling.
So, by keeping in mind the above points, you can easily confront Emotional Eating.