Top 11 Interesting And Amazing Facts About Talking: What’s the first thing come to your mind when you think of talk? Well, talk obviously defines one of the important attributes of your personality, right?
So, here are some of the interesting facts about talking
1. The end of the silent film era was indicated on the release of the first full-length “Talkie“, The Jazz Singer starring Al Jolson on October 6, 1927.
2. The only word that was spoken in Mel Brooks‘ silent movie “Non!” The French Mime Marcel Marceau has responded to the invitation to appear.
3. Even though often repeated claims that women talk more in comparison to men, as per the research in 2007, both genders speak about 16,000 words a day …
4. Researches have also shown that men interrupt women talking about 3 times as often as women interrupt men.
5. The fear of speaking in general or especially public speaking is called Glossophobia.
6. In 2012, according to the research published, talking to yourself helps you look for things or benefits thinking and perception.
7. According to Guinness World Records, the largest vocabulary for a talking bird was 1,728 words recorded for a budgerigar (a species of small parakeet native to Australia, often kept as pets) in 1994.
*Parakeet is a small parrot usually found in Australia and Africa.
8. Somniloquy is the word used when people talk during their sleep.
9. A study has revealed that English speakers called “Um” before a long break and “Uh” before a short pause!
10. The fastest ever recorded public speaker in history was John F. Kennedy, who spoke 327 words per minute.
11. As per the words of Mark Twain, “There are only two types of speakers in the world: 1. The nervous; 2. Liars.”
12. When you talk, it requires dozens of muscles in the lips, throat, and tongue. In fact, speaking in a normal tone is no more tiring than sitting in silence.
13. A British psychologist, Dr. Nicholas Emler says that up to 80% of average conversations consist of gossip. He claims that gossiping is an important and essential part of our humanity.
14. Phone Anxiety is something that most of the people have or stress over talking on the phone.
15. Many people speed up while talking on the phone. Psychologists believe that it may be a kind of combat mechanism to make up for lack of body language and non-verbal indications that normally accompany conversation.